Hot Yoga offers additional benefits to traditional yoga:
- Detoxification: sweating on a regular basis allows the body to release toxins and waste from within providing room for vital nutrients and hydration. Be prepared to sweat in your hot yoga class!
- Healthy connective tissue: yoga opens the body’s connective tissue. Hot yoga enhances this process, allowing the body to stretch more fully, lubricate and renew, resulting in greater flexibility and energy
- Boosts immunity: viruses cannot survive in high temperatures, so increasing the body’s core temperature fights infections, which are pushed out through the sweat. Practicing hot yoga also increases the body’s production of white blood cells, which fight infection.
- Weight Loss: stretching deeper builds more muscle, which burns more fat. Hot yoga can result in weight loss. Diet also improves as the body craves healthier food when practicing regularly
- Stress release: the intense focus required in yoga helps to quieten the mind, resulting in greater focus, and clarity of thought. Working more deeply with the breath results in a more calm approach to life generally